Tuesday, September 11, 2007

IN REMEMBRANCE…



I too, remember. And that one lone contrail - that one lone cloud over America. Up here in Canada, spaghetti jetclouds.
clipped from www.pediascribe.com
Bld9Bthe World Trade Center, New York
I remember when I was a kid, my mom was able to recall exactly what she was doing when she heard that JFK had been shot.
And then 9/11 happened. And years have passed. And I can tell you exactly what I was doing when I heard the news.
After
It was late afternoon/early evening at that point. Still not a cloud in the sky. It was very eerie though because there also was not a contrail to be seen. Usually the skies are criss-crossed by them.
Then we saw it. The one lone contrail coming from the west and heading to the east.
To this day we maintain that it was Air Force One carrying President Bush back to the White House. It was about the right time, according to news reports, for it to have been the President’s plane.
And that, my friends, is how I came to understand how my mom could remember minute details about one day in her life. I understand now because I can do the same thing. As much as I want to forget those images burned into my brain, I also never want to forget.
 blog it

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]