Monday, January 31, 2005

Iraqi in Baghdad: "The Election Was Shoved Down Our Throats" :: from www.uruknet.info :: news from occupied Iraq

Iraqi in Baghdad: "The Election Was Shoved Down Our Throats" :: from www.uruknet.info :: news from occupied Iraq: "Monday, January 31st, 2005

To get an Iraqi perspective on the election, we go to Baghdad to speak with retired Iraqi engineer Ghazwan Al-Mukhtar. Mukhtar says, 'What do I do with democracy? Does it allow me to walk across the street without being feared of being kidnapped or being shot at or being mugged or being stolen? Would democracy feed my children? Would democracy allow me to quench my thirst? The U.S. has not done anything at all to improve the life of Iraqi people.' "

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]